Formed in 1910 and incorporated in 1947, the Braddock Heights Volunteer Fire Company strives to be a leader in the Frederick County Fire and Rescue community. We have been a member of the Frederick County Volunteer Fire and Rescue Association since 1935.
In 1986, we moved to our current location at 6715 Jefferson Blvd. Out of the station, we operate two Class A engines, one brush truck, and one ambulance for an average of 2,300 calls per year. Under the leadership of Chief Pat McTighe, Sr., and President Mike Butler, members of Company 12 mitigate fires and medical emergencies. Located west of the city of Frederick, BHVFD responds to incidents in urban and rural areas, as well as, incidents occurring on major interstates. Our first due area is 13.5 square miles and we are second due to over 50 square miles. BHVFD is dedicated to protecting the lives and property of over 40,000 people that work, live, visit, and travel through out district on a daily basis.